Saturday 3 March 2018

Have yellow hat, can travel

Just arrived in Delhi and wearing the yellow hat

Friend Anne and I had talked about going to India but I never really thought we'd go.

One day Anne visited Handmade Happiness with a thick wad of papers in her hand. She'd been to the travel agent and found a holiday to Rajastan with optional tigers for me to consider. 
I said No.

But everyone I spoke to said I must go. 
'It will be life-changing' they said.
'Just pack a toothbrush. Buy everything else when you're there.'.
'You will either love it or hate it. But think of the colours and all the fabrics you will bring back...' they said.
It felt brave to go. I was scared that seeing the beggars would upset me too much and that we'd be ill for much of the time as everyone thought that 'Delhi belly' was unavoidable. And anyway I hate curry!
The following morning I said 'Yes'.


No comments:

Post a Comment